Septic Permits - Individual On-Site Septic Systems
How do I request a drawing of my septic system?
email us: Request for Septic Permit Drawing
How to Apply for a Septic Permit
- Read our document "Property Owner's Guide to getting a Septic
System Permit". If you are still usure whether you have DEQ
sanitation approval or need a site evaluation, call our office to
talk with a Land Sanitarian about your parcel before proceeding.
- Download the
Septic and Well Permit Application or
pick one up at our office located at 301 W Alder, Second Floor
- Submit the completed application to the In Land Sanitarian at our office. Your completed application must include:
- A Sanitarian will call you when the permit is finished and ready to be issued.
- A separate Permit Fee will be due upon issuance of the permit. See the fee schedule for septic permit fees.
- Questions? Call our office at 406.258.4755.
Please note the following excerpts from Regulation 1 of the Missoula City-County Health Department Health Code:
- 3.B.6. Construction without Permit The Department shall charge a fee three (3) times the permit and application fees when the construction, repair, or increased use of a system starts prior to a valid permit being issued.
- 3.A.3. Notice of denial. When requested by an applicant, written notice that a permit has been denied shall be given to the applicant by personal service or certified mail within ten (10) working days of receipt of a request. The notice must list deficiencies and reasons for the denial.
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.