Food Service: Food borne Illness
Food borne illness happens, and not just at restaurants. People can make themselves sick at home if they are not taking the proper precautions. Use the information below to find out how you can prevent a food borne illness, or how to recognize or report an illness.
Food borne Illness Prevention
- Wash hands frequently with warm water and soap.
- Keep hot foods hot, and cold foods cold.
- Separate raw and ready-to-eat foods like keeping raw meats
away from fruits and vegetables.
- Report a Food borne Illness
If you have specific health concerns please contact a medical professional.
- Food borne Pathogen Information
The Bad Bug Book
CDC Disease Index
Fact Sheets from MCCHD's Infectious Disease Nurses
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.