Am I Registered?
Check your voter status and profile by visiting the Montana Secretary of State's
My Voter Page
- Active Voter - A newly registered voter or one who continually
participates in every election.
- Inactive Voter -
- The voter does not vote in a federal general election which is held in even-numbered years, and did not respond to two mailings seeking confirmation of their information.
- During a mail ballot election, the voter's ballot was returned as "undeliverable" and did not respond to a forward notice.
Secretary of States Guide to Inactive Voters
- To Change Inactive Status:
- For an individual to change their voter status from INACTIVE to ACTIVE, one must meet the requirements set out in Montana Statute 13-2-222 (1) as described below:
appears at a polling place in order to vote, submits an
application to vote by absentee ballot in a polling place
election or mail ballot election, or votes in a mail ballot
election conducted under Title 13, chapter 19;
(b) notifies the county election administrator in writing of the elector's current residence, which must be in that county; or
(c) completes a reactivation form provided by the county election administrator that provides current address information in that county.
- Our office encourages inactive voters to complete a new voter registration card 30 days prior to an election or visit our Elections Center at the Fairgrounds during Late Registration to reactivate your voter status.
- Provisional Registered Voter - Voter's driver's
license number or social security number could not be verified.
Voters should contact the Elections Office immediately at (406)
- Cancelled Voter - Once inactive, the voter fails to respond to continued mailings and fails to vote in two consecutive general elections.