Office of Elections - Election Judges
We Need Election Judges...
Missoula County needs election judges to work on Election Day! It is challenging but extremely rewarding work. Election judges are paid at least the federal minimum wage rate. There are several types of election judges.
Election Judge Job Description:
- You must be registered to vote in
- You must attend election judge certification school (sign-up begins February 16th). See training schedule below for dates & time slots.
- You must make a 2 year commitment. You may be required to work 3 to 4 elections per calendar year.
- You must have customer service skills despite the stress Election Day can bring.
- You must have the ability to follow instructions due to laws governing elections.
- You must be able to work long hours (8 - 15 hour shifts).
Poll Book Judge Job Description (in addition to all election judge duties listed above):
- You must attend additional poll book training.
- You must possess math skills.
- Your penmanship must be legible.
Polling Place Manager Job Description (in addition to all election judge duties listed above):
- You must attend Polling Place Manager & Americans with Disabilities Act Judge training.
- You must possess technical abilities sufficient to operate the equipment at the polling place (set up and close M100 Scanners and AutoMark election equipment).
- You must possess management skills (you will manage between 4 and 30 election judges per election).
- You must possess strong problem solving skills.
- You must have the ability to implement and follow all procedures provided by the Elections' Administrator to ensure compliance with Montana and Federal Law.
If you'd like to learn more about becoming an election judge, please contact the Elections' Office at 258-4751 or email your name, address, and contact information.
All training for election judges will be in March, 2010 at the Missoula County Fairgrounds and the schedule is listed below. Please contact the Elections' Office on or after Tuesday, February 16th to sign up! Classes highlighted red are now full.
All election judges must attend one 3 hour Basic session.
For judges who would like to work the poll book, you must take both the Basic and Poll Book sessions.
Polling place managers and Americans with Disabilities Act judges must attend the PPM & ADA sessions in addition to the Basic and Poll Book sessions.
The upcoming elections for 2010 are on:
- May 4, 2010
- June 8, 2010
- November 2, 2010
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.