Military and Overseas Voters
Military & Overseas Voter Page.
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) created special provisions to make registering to vote, obtaining, returning, and tracking absentee ballots easier for members of the armed forces or certain overseas U.S. citizens while absent from their Montana voting residence. UOCAVA voters are most commonly identified as one of the following:
- Member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marines on active duty
- Spouse or dependent of a member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marines on active duty
- U.S. citizen residing outside the United Stated
- Other individuals meeting definitions of "absent uniformed services voter" and "overseas voter" under Montana law (13-21-102, MCA).
- Note: the Electronic Absentee System is for voters covered under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) only. A user must affirm their eligibility under this Federal Law before using the system, under penalty of perjury.
The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) also provides information for UOCAVA voters, including an absentee voting guide for Montana UOCAVA voters.