Troubleshooting Ballot Mistakes
Proper Voting Utensils
- To correctly mark a ballot use only black or blue ink.
- Gel ink or marker is not read by the scanner resulting in an under-vote(vote is not counted).
When a new ballot should be requested
- If the ink bleeds though the paper
- If you marked the incorrect oval with ink
- If the ballot was torn or compromised in any way that it cannot be fed through the scanner
How to request a new ballot
- Please visit the Elections Center at the Fairgrounds in Building #15.
- The Elections Office at the County Courthouse in not equipped to issue new ballots.
Remember to sign your affirmation envelope.
If you have any questions, please call our office at (406) 258-4751.