skip to the main content area of this page
Missoula City-County Health Department
(406) 258-4755
Missoula County Seal and image of areas around the City.

Missoula County - [Department Name]

Health Division: Environmental Health
Missoula County Home

Frequently Asked Questions: Group Homes

Select a question below, or scroll to see all available information.

Learn More....

Q:  What types of group homes does the health department inspect?

A:  We inspect homes for people with developmental disabilities, homes for those with physical disabilities, foster or youth group homes, and half-way houses.

Q:  The state requires a health certification for renewing my license, how do I get one?

A:  Call the Health Department (258-4755) to schedule your health inspection.

Q:  Is there a charge for inspections?

A:  Currently the inspection fee is $25/inspection.

Q: I operate a community home for people with developmental disabilities, what rules should I be aware of?

A:  The basic health and safety rules for community homes can be found at the state DPPHS website.

Have more questions?  Contact Us!

Get Adobe Reader Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.   If you do not have this viewer, visit

Site Navigation

Health Divisions


Current Issues:

More Information:

Facebook Logo MCCHD on Facebook

Twitter Logo MCCHD on Twitter

Search Health Sites