Health Promotion - Cancer Control Programs
- Missoula Cancer Coalition Calendar
- Risk factors
- Choose You
- Contact information
- Cancer facts
- Links and related Information
- Cancer awareness - risk factors, early detection and symptoms of common cancers.
- Ongoing Cancer Resources
Cancer awareness monthly topics
April is National Cancer Control Month.
Read this CDC Feature story to see how the Prevention Research Centers Program is working to help protect you and those you love from the burden of cancer.
Be a part of the Choose You movement!
Choose You reminds women that being a good caregiver means taking care of you!
Choose You is a movement created by the American Cancer Society that encourages women to put their own health first in the fight against cancer. The movement challenges women to make healthier choices, and supports them in their commitment.
Approximately 1 in 3 American women will get cancer in her
lifetime and about 50% of cancer deaths could be prevented through
early detection and healthier lifestyles.
At ChooseYou.com you can choose from five different health categories: Eat Right; Get Active; Get Recommended Health Screenings; Protect Your Skin; and Quit Smoking.
All visitors to ChooseYou.com can access online support and tools such as a calorie calculator, virtual dietitian, nutrition and activity quiz, smoking cost calculator, prevention and early detection videos, and a desktop helper with daily health tips.
. . . a statewide, evidence-based approach to reduce the burden of cancer in Montana by:
- reducing cancer incidence morbidity and mortality
- developing and promoting an integrated approach
- focusing on prevention, detection and treatment
- collaborating with agencies and individuals (we invite your participation)
|Cancer Control Contact:||Diana Reetz-Stacey|
Meeting minutes for the Missoula Responds to Cancer Coalition (Region 2)
- Cancer takes the lives of 1800 Montanans each year.
- Cancer is the second leading cause of death in our state.
- 5,000 new cancer cases are diagnosed annually.
- Cancer costs our state $588 million each year.
Control Cancer, Montana!
Cancer has affected us long enough.
Working together we can ensure a healthier Montana.
100,000 Cancers Linked to Excess Body Fat - American Cancer Institute
Obesity and cancer risk - National Cancer Insttute
Cancer awareness - risk factors, early detection and symptoms of some common cancers.
Montana Cancer Screening Program - Mammograms and pap tests
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.