Health Services - Home Visiting Program
Our Home Visiting Team consists of nurses, social workers and nutritionists who provide information and referrals on a wide variety of subjects to all families in our community.
Registered nurses, social workers and dietitians provide a visitation program designed to fit individual family needs:
- Healthy pregnancy education
- Physical and emotional changes
- Breastfeeding education
- Labor and delivery preparation
- Prenatal classes
- Community resources and referrals
- Presumptive eligibility for Medicaid
Birth And Beyond - prenatal classes
Smoking during pregnancy - NY Univsersity School of Medicine, 2013 study
Newborns are fascinating people. The nurse helps the family discover all the wonderful things the new baby is able to do, and information about caring for a new baby. She can also answer questions about sleeping, crying, feeding, and loving the new member of the family.
If you are a parent of a child, you are invited to participate in our Follow Me program. Registered nurses, social workers and dietitians provide visits where it is convenient for you. We have information about:
- Growth and development screenings
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Parenting concerns
- Community resources
Just In Time - Parenting and development for each age; MSU Bozeman Extension Service
As the baby grows, the nurse provides regular screenings that help parents identify how their child is growing. The home visitor provides:
- Regular growth and development evaluations
- Suggestions for fun things to do with their children to help in all areas of development including social skills, language development and physical development.
If you are:
- a family with an infant or small children
- or have a child with special needs
you can schedule a home visit with a pregnancy, child or nutrition expert.
To schedule a home visit