Home Visiting Program - Prenatal
Every woman is eligible for the Prenatal Home Visiting Program, regardless of income.
The program is voluntary and is tailored to each woman's needs.
The Prenatal Home Visiting Program goal is to support women during and after their pregnancy.
A healthy pregnancy will help ensure a good start for mothers and their new babies.
- Meets with a woman in her home.
- Helps find a doctor.
- Makes sure the woman understands the importance of good health practices.
- Assists those eligible in applying for Medicaid.
- Identifies concerns, problems, barriers, strengths, and goals.
- Looks at the woman's needs and helps her with issues such as housing, food, transportation, medical coverage, family relationships, mental health concerns and chemical use issues.
- Helps women use community resources to meet their needs.
- Helps develop ways to meet goals.
- Provides information about prenatal health care issues and fetal development, preparing for childbirth and the new baby, and developing skills good parenting skills.
- Offers continuing support
- Provides information about birth control.
Sample policy - for employer
Other related topics