Department of Public Works - FAQs
- Where are you located?
- Who do I speak to about road maintenance issues?
- Who do I talk to about road signs or speed limit signs?
- When do I need an approach permit?
- When do I need an excavation/right of way permit?
- Crushed Aggregate for Base Gradations
- Where is a list of existing road names?
- Holidays observed?
- Resolution To Adopt Procedure To Address Citizen Requested Public Highway System Studies
A: The Department of Public Works is located at 6089 Training Drive (approximately 1 mile west of the airport on Hwy 10 (West Broadway).
View Larger Map
A: You can contact the following individuals during normal working hours:
|Road Maintenance Supervisor||Missoula||258-4824|
|Road Maintenance Supervisor||Missoula||258-4851|
|Road Maintenance Supervisor||Seeley Lake||677-2222|
Contact your local emergency services if an immediate hazard is detected after normal working hours.
A: Questions regarding road signs or speed limit signs should be referred to the Traffic Department at 258-4822.
A: Any time an address is requested - regardless of whether it is on a public or private road; or, any time an access (driveway, etc.) is planned or built which comes off of a public right of way.
A: Any time any work is performed within the public right of way. If there is any question as to whether or not your work is encroaching upon the right of way please call our office at 258-4753 for assistance in making the determination.
**Click on the above image to view a larger version. Use your browser's "Back" button to return to this page.
link to the document.
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.