Transportation - Maps
OPG Transportation Division
- Transportation Planning Boundary (3.8 MB) - 2008 Transportation Plan Boundary, Urban Service Area and City Limits. High Res. (18 MB)
- Functional Classifications - Planning Area (3.2 MB) - Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) functional classifications within the TPB. High Res. (17 MB)
- Functional Classifications - City Limits (1.7 MB) - Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) functional classifications within the City Limits. High Res. (9 MB)
- Highway Systems - Planning Area (3.2MB) - Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) highway system classifications within the TPB. High Res. (17 MB)
- Highway Systems - City Limits (1.7 MB) - Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) highway system classifications within the City Limits. High Res. (9 MB)
- Traffic Count Stations - Planning Area (3.3 MB) - State, city and county traffic count station locations within the TPB. For station counts please go to: Traffic Counts. High Res. (17 MB)
- Traffic Count Stations - City Limits (1.8 MB) - State, city and county traffic count station locations within the City Limits. For station counts please go to: Traffic Counts. High Res. (9 MB)
- Air Quality - Planning Area (4.7 MB) - Air quality boundaries and their association with the Transportation Planning Area. This PDF map contains the same data as the Google Earth file listed below. For more information on the any air quality data, please contact the Environmental Health Division of the Missoula City/County Health Department at (406)258-4755, or visit their website Environmental Health Division.
- Urban Transportation District (3 MB) - Mountain Line Urban Transportation District
- Mountain Line Daytime Fixed Routes (link to Mountain Line Maps)
- Missoula Area Bicycle and Trail Online Map
OPG Transportation Division - Google Earth Files
If you currently use Google Earth version 4 or above you can download these files and view them using Google Earth. We recognize that Google Earth cannot be run on many computers, so any available files will only include the information available in the maps from the section above.
You must save the file to your computer and open it using Google Earth. Once the file is opened, Google Earth should zoom to the extent of the file. By double clicking on an element, i.e. traffic count station, you will zoom to that element and the information will be displayed. Example screenshot.
***If you have problems viewing our files, you may need to change the Graphics Mode in Google Earth to OpenGL. To change your Google Earth settings, click on Tools => Options => 3D View tab. Change the setting in Graphics Mode to OpenGL if it isn't already checked (screenshot). This should clean up any erroneous lines that may appear in the DirectX mode.***
The files typically contain three components: features, feature labels and information points. Features represent the data and must be turned on. Feature labels tend to clutter up the map and should be turned off until needed. Information points contain the data associated with the feature. The information points can be turned off until you zoom into the area of interest. Example Screenshot.
Right-click on the hyperlink and choose Save Target As. Save the file to your desktop. Select "All Files" from Save As Type drop-down. Once the download has completed, you can open the file in Google Earth.
If you have trouble with the download please contact David Gray.
2007-2011 TIP Projects (Updated 6/11/2007) - Includes all projects
contained in the 2007-2011 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
The file includes the following layers grouped by funding source:
- Point features
- Segment features
Transportation Data (Updated
10/27/10) - Complete set of available
data that includes the following layers:
- 2008 Transportation Plan Boundary
- 2000 Census - Missoula Urbanized Area
- City Urban Growth Area/Sewer Service Area
- City Limits (04/02/07)
- Traffic Count Stations (2000-2009)
- Road Functional Classification
- Highway Systems
- PM-10 Boundary - For more information on the PM-10 area, please contact the Environmental Health Division of the Missoula City/County Health Department at (406)258-4755, or visit their website Environmental Health Division.
- 2002-2007 Rural and Urban Traffic Count Stations (Updated 10/09/08) - This file includes both the stations from the Missoula Urban Area Traffic Count Program and MDT rural stations throughout the rest of Missoula County. Please use the Transportation Data file (above) for urban area counts.
Air Quality Data (Updated 10/08/08) - For more information on all
air quality data, please contact the Environmental Health Division
of the Missoula City/County Health Department at (406)258-4755, or
visit their website
Environmental Health Division.
- Regulated Sand & Deicer Boundary
- Deicer-Purple Boundary
- Regulated (Washed) Sand-Green Boundary
- Air Quality Conformity Grid
- Air Stagnation Zone
- Carbon Monoxide Boundary
- PM10 Boundary
- Regulated Sand & Deicer Boundary
- Sidewalk Inventory (Updated 09/18/08) - Latest version of the sidewalk inventory, currently being conducted jointly through OPG Transportation, City of Missoula Engineering and Office of Neighborhoods.
- Mountain Line Transit Data (Updated 11/17/10) - Includes routes, scheduled stops and Missoula Urban Transit District Boundary.
Montana Department of Transportation (MDT)
- MDT Proposed Mullan/Reserve Intersection Improvements
- MDT Projects in Missoula County (2008-2013)
- MDT Projects Statewide (2008-2013)
- MDT Missoula Urbanized Area Traffic Count Station Map
- MDT 2005 Missoula Urbanized Area Traffic Count Map
- MDT Urbanized Area Highway Systems
- MDT Urbanized Area Functional Classifications
- MDT Urbanized Area System Designation
No endorsement is intended or made of any hypertext link, product, service, or information either by its inclusion or exclusion from this page or site. While all attempts are made to ensure the correctness and suitability of information under our control and to correct any errors brought to our attention, no representation or guarantee can be made as to the correctness or suitability of that information or any other linked information presented, referenced, or implied. All critical information should be independently verified. Any questions should be directed to the administrators of this or any other specific sites.
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.