skip to the main content area of this page
Animal Control
Missoula County Seal and image of areas around the City.

Missoula County - Animal Control

Department: Animal Control
Missoula County Home





If you are bitten by a dog or cat and it breaks the skin, report it to Animal Control. If the bite occurs after hours, please call the Police Department.

*Please have an accurate description of the animal that bit you and it's location to enable an Animal Control Officer to take necessary action.


An animal that has bitten a person is required to be quarantined for ten days from the date of the bite.  This quarantine is required even if the animal has a current rabies vaccination.  Missoula Animal Control officers will determine if the animal will be quarantined at the shelter, a local vet, or at the animal's home.  The pet owner is responsible for paying any fees that occur during quarantine at the shelter.










Site Navigation

More Information

Search Health Sites