Building Division - Home
Missoula County Building Division
The Missoula County Building Division is located at 6089 Training Drive - approximately 1 ½ miles west of the Airport off of Hwy 10. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm (Except holidays -- 2014 Schedule )
***Please be aware that we are currently having technical difficulties with SIRE. We are hoping to have these issues corrected as soon as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience.***
SIRE is designed to use on an Internet Explorer browser with pop-ups enabled. Instructions for SIRE citizen use.
Or click on the links below for a paper application:
Other Permit Information
- General Building Permit Application Requirements
- Building Fee Schedule
- All Building Permit forms
- MC Woodstove & Fireplace Home Page
Permit Exemption List: please click links below for important details
Current Codes In Use
- 2009 International Building Code
- 2006 International Residential Code
- 2011 National Electric Code
- 2009 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2009 International Mechanical Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 International Existing Building Code
- The address of the location where the work will occur.
- Property owner information including their address and phone number.
- Contractor information to include address and phone number. If the work is electrical or plumbing and subject to Montana licensure laws, include your license number.
- An accurate description of the work that will occur.
Archives (coming soon)
For information on Submittal Requirements and to Schedule Inspections
Contact the Building Department at
(406) 258-3701 or 258-3708