Building Division - Home
Missoula County Building Division
The Missoula County Building Division is located at 6089 Training Drive - approximately 1 ½ miles west of the Airport off of Hwy 10. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm (Except holidays.) 2013
Proposed Resolution for Changes to the Building Code. .pdf
Starting April 1, 2013 Missoula County Public Works will be using the State adopted Electrical Code of 2011.
SIRE is now live - to apply on-line for the following permits: Building (including Re-Roof), Land Use/Zoning Compliance, Address/Approach, Excavation, Electrical, Mechanical or Plumbing Permits please follow the instructions provided on the following pdf link
Sire is designed to use an Internet Explorer browser with Pop-ups enabled.
Effective Oct. 01, 2011 - Electrical Fee Schedule; .pdf link
Effective Oct. 01, 2011 - Current Building Fee Schedule; .pdf link
Conservation Code Adopted and Effective June 26th, 2010 Resolution
Missoula County inspectors conduct
insulation inspections on all new construction and remodels occurring in
Roofing Permit Issuance And Inspection Protocol .pdf link
All County Building Permit Applications for New Construction & Additions MUST have a Check Off or Approval from the Missoula City/County Health Department.
- The address of the location where the work will occur.
- Property owner information including their address and phone number.
- Contractor information to include address and phone number. if the work is electrical or plumbing and subject to Montana licensure laws, include your license number.
- An accurate description of the work that will occur.
The order for scanning plans:
- SITE PLAN
- ELEVATION PLANS
- FLOOR PLANS
- FOOTING, FOUNDATION, and STRUCTURAL PLANS
- TRUSS PLANS
- Any additional information such as Engineering Letters and/or Plans
- BUILDING PERMITS
- General Building Permit Application Requirements
- Building Permit Application
- Building Fee Schedule
- Zoning Compliance Form
- Land Use Review Form
- (All Building Permit forms)
- ELECTRICAL PERMIT APPLICATION
- MECHANICAL PERMIT APPLICATION
- PLUMBING PERMIT APPLICATION
For information on Checklists and
Contact the Building Department at
(406) 258-3701 or 258-3702