skip to the main content area of this page
Clerk of District Court
(406) 258-4780
Missoula County Seal and image of areas around the City.

Missoula County - Clerk of District Court

Department: Clerk of District Court
Missoula County Home

Clerk of District Court - Fee Schedule

The following is a chart of fees charged for services rendered:

Services and Fees Schedule effective October 1, 2005
Service Fee
Adoption - Filing Petition $105.00
Amendment of Parenting Plan - Contested only (does not apply to cases dealing solely w/child support) $120.00
Appeal from District Court to Supreme Court - Postage costs are additional $5.00
Appeal from Lower Court - Does not apply to small claims cases $30.00
Appeal from Lower Court - Small Claims $10.00
Appearance - For the appearance of each defendant or each respondent $70.00
Authentication/Exemplification - For authenticated or exemplified copies for out-of-state jurisdictions $4.00
Certification - For certification with a seal $2.00
Civil Commencement of Action - By plaintiff, petitioner or appellant (includes Invalidity) $120.00
Conservatorship Commencement of Action - For filing petition $100.00
Copy of Decree of Dissolution - For each copy of a decree (separately filed parenting plans or property settlement agreements not included) (does not include certification) $10.00
Copy of Marriage License - For each copy of marriage license (does not include certification) $5.00
Copy of Other Documents (Hard Copy) - $1.00 per page for first ten pages and $.50 per page thereafter --
Copy of Other Documents Provided by Fax, Email or other electronic means $.25/page
Declaration of Marriage - For filing and recording the declaration $53.00
Dissolution of Marriage Commencement of Action - For filing Petition (include Summary and Joint Dissolution) $200.00
Email Filings / Fax Filings (Incoming - cost to file a pleading by email or fax) $.50/page
Execution - For issuance $5.00
Foreign Capital Depository Judgment - For filing the judgment $2,500
Foreign Judgment - For filing authenticated copy and docketing $90.00
Foreign Probate - With certificate $85.00
Guardianship Commencement of Action - For filing petition $100.00
Intervention Complaint - For filing a complaint in intervention $80.00
Judgment - For entry of judgment from prevailing party $45.00
Legal Separation Commencement of Action - For filing petition $180.00
Marriage License issuance - For issuing, filing and recording marriage $53.00
Notarization/Oath and Jurat - For each Notarization with Court Seal $1.00
Order of Sale - For issuance $5.00
Probate Commencement of Action - For filing formal/informal or ancillary petition $100.00
Searches - $2 per name per year up to 7 years, $1 per name thereafter (no maximum charge limit) --
Substitution of Judge - For each motion filed (not in criminal cases) $100.00
Transcript/Abstract of Judgment - For preparation of a Transcript of Judgment
For filing a Transcript of Judgment from another jurisdiction

Transmission of Record or Files or Transfer of a Case to Another Court - (Includes removals to Federal District Court and forwarding appeals to Supreme Court) $5.00
Venue Change - for filing from another District Court (incoming)
-- and for sending file to another jurisdiction (outgoing)
Writ of Assistance - For issuance $5.00

Back to Top

Site Navigation

More Information