Environmental Health Regulations
|The Board of Health for the City of Missoula and Missoula County has adopted the Missoula City-County Health Code with provisions for variances in special circumstances. The Health Code is a living, dynamic document. Periodically regulations are updated or modified through a public hearing process.|
Missoula City-County Health Code
- Entire Health Code
- Regulation 1: Wastewater Treatment and Disposal System
- Regulation 2: Group Functions
- Regulation 3: Solid Waste Management
- Regulation 4: Food Service Establishments
- Regulation 5: Drinking Water Well Protection
- Regulation 6: Drop-In Childcare Facilities
Missoula City-County Health Department is responsible for enforcing some of the Municipal Codes of Missoula. The Missoula Municipal Codes are available online.
- Title 6: Animals
- Title 8: Health and Safety
- Title 16: Manufactured Housing and Mobile Home Parks
Missoula City-County Health Department, Environmental Health Division contracts with the Department of Environmental Quality to do Subdivision Review and Sanitary Surveys of Small Public Water Supplies. In that capacity, MCCHD applies the state regulations that apply to Subdivisions. Some of those regulations are listed below.
- MCA 76-4-1: Sanitation in Subdivision
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.