Content for the Plant Diagnostics Data Base is provided by the Missoula County Extension Office as an aid in identifying regional plant problems, the source of these problems, and their control.
This data base is provided “as is” and is not covered by any perceived or intended support by the Missoula County Extension Office. For additional information on this data base, please view the following topics:
General Questions or Comments:
If you have general questions or comments about this data base - - -
Missoula County Extension Office
2825 Santa Fe Court
Missoula, MT 59808
Operational and System Considerations
This data base is provided “as is” and is not covered by any perceived or intended support by the Missoula County Extension Office. The following are known operational and system considerations in using this data base:
- The data base operates as a web page on the system on which it is installed. However, the user does not have to be connected to the “web” to use this data base.
- The data base occupies approximately 143 MB of disk space. There are many photographs in this data base which contributes to the large size.
- The data base has been built, maintained, and tested on a desk top system with a Pentium "4" 2.26GHz processor and 522 MB RAM using Windows 2000.
- The data base has also been tested both on a desk top system with a Pentium "4" 1.6 GHz processor and 256 MB RAM, and a lap top system with a mobile AMD Athlon (tm) XP 1.4 GHz processor and 256 MB RAM. For both of these test systems, the data base was tested running directly from the CD drive and used Windows XP.
- The original system was built and initially maintained using a combination of custom HTML coding and a version of Microsoft Front Page editing software. The current system (updated for 2006) was completed using a combination of Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 and custom HTML coding.
- This data base currently runs in an Internet Explorer browser environment(level 6.0.2800.1106). It has also been tested in the Mozilla Firefox(level 188.8.131.52) and Netscape (level 7.1) environments. For Netscape and Mozilla Firefox, the following considerations are known: There are several minor text misalignments where sources for picture are listed, Some buttons such as Lifecycle and Controls in the Pest pages are not functional.
- For some pages where the table width is an issue, print the page in landscape mode.
- Any future updating of this data base will be done at the discretion of the Missoula County Extension Office. There is no timetable established for any future updates. Should any future updates be completed, the Missoula County Extension Office may, at its discretion, notify The Montana Nursery and Landscape Association.
- Users may make changes, custom updates, or additions to the data base to fit their individual needs. Any changes to the data base are done at the users own risk.
Technical (Horticultural Considerations)
The technical and horticultural content of this data base is provided using a "least toxic" approach to pest and disease control. Every effort has been made to assure that any chemical recommendations are current and are readily available from retail sources. It should be noted however, that new discoveries are being made, new information becoming accessible, and new treatments are continually becoming available. The user of this data base has the responsibility for monitoring the applicability of this data base and associated recommendations on an ongoing basis. Due to continually changing laws and regulations, the Missoula County Extension Office can assume no liability for the suggested use of chemical contained in this data base. Chemicals should be applied according to the label directions on the chemical container.
The information provided in this data base
is not intended to be a
complete guide to chemical use.
The information contained herein is provided as a public service with the understanding that Missoula County Extension makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information. Nor does Missoula County Extension warrant that the use of this information is free of any claims of copyright infringement.
Missoula County Extension does not endorse any commercial providers or their products.