Board of Health - Home
Authority and Governance
2013 Montana Code Annotated, Title 50. Health and
Safety, Chapter 2. Local Boards of Health, Part 1.
- 50-2-106. City-county boards of health.
- 50-2-107. District boards of health.
- 50-2-108. Financing of local boards -- inspection fund.
- 50-2-109. County board appropriations.
- 50-2-110. City board appropriations.
- 50-2-111. City-county board appropriations.
- 50-2-112. District board appropriations.
- 50-2-113. Contributions by school boards and other agencies authorized.
- 50-2-114. Repealed.
- 50-2-115. Legal adviser to local boards.
- 50-2-116. Powers and duties of local boards of health.
- 50-2-117. Appointment of local health officer by department when not made by local health board.
- 50-2-118. Powers and duties of local health officers
- 50-2-119. Nursing services.
- 50-2-120. Assistance from law enforcement officials.
- 50-2-121. Removal of diseased prisoner from jail by local health officer.
- 50-2-122. Obstructing local health officer in the performance of duties unlawful.
- 50-2-123. Compliance order authorized.
- 50-2-124. Penalties for violations.
50-2-125. through reserved.
50-2-130. Local regulations no more stringent than state regulations or guidelines.
- City/County Interlocal Agreement - Provision of Health Services
- By-Laws for the Missoula City-County Board of Health
- Missoula City-County Health Code
(Amended May 17, 2012)
- Variance and Regulation 5 Changes (Amended October 17, 2013)
The Board of Health is the policy-making body that determines the goals, objectives, and programs for the delivery of public health services to Missoula residents, both City and County. The Board has statutory authority and responsibility including rule-making and adjudication, as well as budgeting authority.
The Board is responsible for selecting the Health Officer, who carries out statutory duties and directs the Missoula City-County Health Department.
Mission and Guiding Principles
The mission of the Board of Health is to establish policies and advocate for conditions supportive of healthy people, environments, and community.
The Air Pollution Control and Water Quality District Boards share this mission and adhere to the same guiding principles.
The Guiding Principles were last revised on February 18, 2010.
Strategic Plan: FY 2013 - 2015
The latest revision to the Strategic Plan was adopted on December 20, 2012.
Links to the Calendar, Agendas and Minutes
Regular Monthly Meetings: 3rd Thursday of Every Month
Meetings of the Water Quality District, Air Pollution Control, and
Health Boards are held from 12:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. on the 3rd Thursday
of the month in the board conference room (210) at the Missoula
City-County Health Department, located at 301 West Alder. Occasionally, the meeting order may be changed, which is reflected in the appropriate agenda.
- Meeting Order: See the agenda.
- Time:12:15 to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Board Conference Room (210), Missoula City-County Health Department, 301 West Alder, Missoula, MT
- Other: Items on the agenda and the meeting order are subject to change.
The same seven members serve on all three boards, with the exception of an eighth member who serves on the Water Quality District Board.
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.