Health Services: Eat Smart
Missoula County Resource Guide
- Nutrition and education assistance
- Weight management
- Gardening projects and produce
- Diabetes and heart health
- Family support groups
- After school programs
- Unplug & Play Missoula
- Fitness facilities list
- Fitness programs and clubs
Nutrition and education assistance
- CATCH - An alliance of children, parents, teachers, and school staff to teach skills and behaviors associated with maintaining healthy lifestyles (258-3844).
- Center for Behavioral Medicine - The center programs combine information on nutrition, exercise, stress management and relaxation techniques (329-5843)
- Dickenson Lifelong Learning Center - Offers a variety of cooking and nutrition classes on a quarterly basis on evenings and weekends (549-8765).
- Dishalish -A meal preparation service that does the shopping, chopping and cleanup for you. A delicious and simplified way to prepare meals (543-7771or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Eat Smart Supermarket Tours - Learn how to be a savvy shopper and make healthy choices the easy choice (258-3827)
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program - Targets limited-income families with children to improve nutrition cooking and budgeting skills (829-4208).
- Good Food Store - Nutrition and fitness educational lectures, cooking classes (541-3663).
- Head Start - Free program providing education, health, social services and wellness programs for children from birth to 3 and prenatal mothers (251-9410).
- Missoula Aging Services - Home Delivered Commodities, Farmers Market Program, Liquid Supplements Program, Meals on Wheels, Senior Dining Club, Fitness Programs (728-7682).
- Missoula Indian Center - Provides health referrals and prevention education (721-2700 or 829-9515).
- MSU-Missoula County Extension - Adult and Youth programs in the area of nutrition and wellness, food safety, food preparation and preservation, housing and environmental quality, family finances and family and human development (258-4206).
- Roots at the Food Bank - A program for children age 5 and those 60 and older. Offer supplemental food commodities and nutrition assistance (549-0543).
- WIC (Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants & Children) - Provides nutrition education and healthy food for pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children under age five (258-4740).
- Community Medical Nutrition Center - Programs designed by Registered Dietitians to assist in improving health through proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits (327-4325).
- Dietitians at Western Montana Clinic - Registered dietitians provides nutrition counseling for preventative and rehabilitative health. Food plans for normal nutrition along with special dietary needs are all available through the department. Nutrition and exercise counseling for children with type I and type II diabetes (721-5600).
- Montana Healthy Weight Management and Wellness Center, P.C. - Comprehensive medical evaluations, individualized treatment plans, dietary and exercise counseling, medication management, supervision by a board certified bariatric physician and emphasis NOT on dieting but establishing life long healthy habits (542-3687).
- Easy Zone Weight Loss & Nutrition - Personalized 8 week simple to follow plan. Presented in an attractive, easy to follow exercise and nutritional journal. The plan utilizes grocery store foods (327-9989).
- Bariatric Support Group - The Bariatric Support Group meets the third Thursday of each month from 7 to 9 p.m., for informational seminar/lecture (329-5866).
- Partnership for Success - A fun and affordable way to learn health habits that last (543-7116).
- Shape Up America
- Overeaters Anonymous - Meetings at various times in a variety of locations (721-7354).
- University of Montana Campus Recreation - "Why Weight" and "Food, Friend or Foe" groups. Provides educational support, counseling for college students (243-4711).
- Garden City Harvest - Five community garden sites where we teach people to grow their own vegetables on a plot for the summer (523-FOOD).
- Missoula Urban Demonstration Project (MUD) - Provides resources and education for sustainable living. MUD offers workshops on self-reliant living skills, organic gardening and use of appropriate technologies that conserve natural resources (721-7513).
- Diabetes Care Services - Individual assessments, lectures, discussions, literature and videos, long-term support and follow-up by professional staff (329-5781).
- Diabetes Prevention Program - Be Your Best- Program coordinated by registered dietitian (258-4935).
- Sweet ’n’ Low for Adults with Diabetes - This warm-water therapy pool class helps adults with diabetes increase endurance, improve flexibility, strength, increase circulation, and improve control of diabetes (327-4257).
- American Heart Association - Invests in research, education and community services. Provides youth, workplace, and community heart healthy programs (829-3377).
- Montana Heart Center - Cardiac consultation services. Walk-ins welcome (327- 4646).
- Women’s Heart Advantage - Take control of your heart health by learning about heart disease, your risks and ways to prevent it (327-4646).
- Community Medical Center - Outpatient consults (327-4008)
- WIC Lactation Specialists - Info and support (258-4740)
- Breastfeeding Helpline- (207-4357)
- Missoula Breastfeeding Coalition (258-3827)
- Missoula Breastfeeding Friendly Businesses (258-3827)
- Le Leche League - Information and support (493-1813)
- Boys and Girls Club - Providing positive comprehensive after-school and weekend programs for low-income, latch key youth in four different neighborhoods (542-3116).
- Flagship Program - Offers a variety of after-school and summer skill-building activities to students in nine Missoula schools (728-2400).
- Missoula Parks, Recreation - All-season sports activities for adults, teenagers and children (721-7275 or 552-6260).
- YMCA-After School Activities - Variety of activities from rock climbing to theatre year-round (721-YMCA).
- A Fitness Solution Mobile Gym 550-2348
- Aikido of Missoula 549-8387
- American Kenpo Karate of Missoula 728-0525
- Baldwin Fitness Training Inc 728-4395
- Bikram’s Yoga College of India 541-9292
- Better Health Naturally 542-7774
- Bodies By Bender 728-4395
- Body Shop for Men & Women 728-1910
- Bullet Gym 543-7800
- University of Montana Campus Recreation 243-2802
- Court House Sports & Fitness 721-3940
- Curves 543-9735 721-8448
- Curves in Frenchtown 626-510
- Dickenson Life Long Learning Center 549-8765
- Frenchtown Fitness Center 626-0142
- Gold’s Gym 549-9181
- Hart Adventures Boot Camp for Women 544-0395
- Lolo Fitness Center 273-3061
- Main Street Pilates Studio 541-2673
- Missoula Academy of Tai Chi Chuan 728-0918
- Missoula Athletic Club 728-0714
- Missoula Rock Garden 728-0714
- Missoula Tae Kwon Do Center 829-1328
- On Call Dance & Music 542-0730
- Fitness Assessments St. Patrick’s Hospital 329-5895
- Peak Health and Wellness 251-3344
- Sakura Warrior Arts 728-8187
- Seeley Swan Fitness Center 677-7732
- Shapeshifters Personal Training 543-2889
- Slender Lady of Missoula 829-8746
- The Gym 541-3111
- The Gym II 541-3114
- The Women's Club 728-4410
- Water Aerobics Community Medical Center 327-4257
- Wallwork's Gym 327-9989
- Yoga Fitness Center 728-6770
- YMCA 721-9622
- Alpine Club of Missoula 251-7043
- Currents Water park and Pools 721-7275
- Dasni Blue Bikes Program @ Currents 721-7275
- Dickenson Life Long Learning Center 549-8765
- Garden City Volleyball 728-6093
- Glacier Ice Rink 728-0316
- Little Griz Football and Little Guy Wrestling 542-4410
- Mall Walkers 721-5140
- Missoula Figure Skating Club 543-5889
- Missoula Little League www.missoulalittleleague.org
- Missoula Nordic Ski Club www.missoulanordic.org
- Missoula Road and Track Club 626-4055
- Missoula Parks, Recreation 721-7275
- Missoula Ski Education Foundation www.msefskiteam.org
- Missoula United States Bowling Congress 543-4673
- Missoula Youth Track Club www.missoulayouthtrack.org
- Missoulians on Bicycles www.missoulabike.org
- MOBASH Skate Park 207-7558
- Montana Super Skippers www.montanasuperskippers.org
- Mountain Bike Missoula www.mountainbikemissoula.org
- Mt. Sentinel Women’s Golf Association 728-1364
- MYST (Missoula YMCA swim team) 258-4207
- National Youth Sports Program 243-2804
- New Rock Mountaineers Outdoor Club 549-4769
- Recreation and Advanced Table Tennis Club 728-3751
- Rocky Mountaineers Outdoor Club www.rockymountaineers.com
- SHEC Community Center 327-SHEC
- Snowbowl Ski Area 549-9777
- Splash Montana Waterpark 721-7275
- Strikers Youth Soccer Association 541-8326
- The Missoula Trap and Skeet Club 549-4815
Health Services Director
Kate Siegrist - 258-4986
Nutrition Services Supervisor
Mary Pittaway - 258-4837
Eat Smart Coordinator
Rebecca Morley - 258-3827
Lisa Tims - 258-3894
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.