Health Services: Women, Infants & Children
WIC Retail Vendors
1003 E. Broadway
2205 Oxford Street
Albertson's (N. Reserve)
2230 N. Reserve
Pattee Creek Market
704 SW Higgins
20331 E. Mullan Road
Wal-Mart Super Center
3555 Mullan Road
Southside Wal-Mart Super Center
400 Highway 93 South
Lolo Harvest Foods
Orange Street Food Farm
701 S Orange Street
2350 S Reserve Street
610 W. Broadway
3801 S. Reserve Street
Cory's Valley Market
Front Street Market
Missoula Retailer Qualifications
The following are qualifications for becoming a Montana WIC retailer:
- The business must be licensed with the State of Montana.
- The business must have a permanent location; i.e., no stores on wheels.
- The business must stock and maintain appropriate quantities and varieties of WIC authorized foods.
- The business must be accessible to WIC participants/guardians or proxies.
- The business or its owners must not have been disqualified from the Food Stamp Program.
- The business has provided assurance of compliance with the requirements of 7 CFR Part 3017 regarding non-procurement, debarment /suspension.
- The retailer has on the shelf and in stock the minimum variety of WIC eligible food items with prices plainly marked on the product or shelf.
- The retailer has no previous conviction of a business-related felony or first-degree misdemeanor in a year, including any criminal conviction for a program violations by any current employees or owners, officers, directors or partners whose duties include handling WIC checks.
- The retailer has no history of serious WIC non-compliance during a two (2) year period immediately prior to the date of application.
"Serious" WIC non-compliance includes:
- Disqualification from WIC for 2 or more years as a result of the action of the retailer, one of its employees, or owners, officers, directors or partners;
- Termination of a previous WIC agreement with an outstanding reimbursement or sanction points assigned; or
- Failure to take requested action thirty (30) days after notification by certified mail, failure to provide requested data or records, failure to allow monitoring of the retailer, or failure to attend the required training.
- The retailer has no history of serious Food Stamp Program (FSP) non-compliance during a two (2) year period immediately prior to the date of application.
"Serious" FSP non-compliance includes:
- Current disqualification from the FSP; or
- Receipt of a civil money penalty
WIC Retail Contact
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the retail vendors or retailer qualifications, please contact:
Arwyn Welander, Local Agency Retail Coordinator
Missoula WIC Program
Phone: (406) 258-4827
Fax: (406) 258-4906
- WIC Works Resource System
- National WIC Association
- USDA WIC Website
- State of Montana WIC Website
- USDA Food & Nutrition Website
- Medicaid Program
- Temporary Assistance For Needy Families
- Food & Drug Administration
- American Dietetic Association
- March of Dimes
- I am Your Child Parenting Resources
- La Leche League Breastfeeding Information
- WIC Farmers' Market
- Local WIC Retailer's Printed List 2012