Health Services: Wellness
Wellness is not merely the absence of disease. Wellness is being at your best level of functioning regardless of current health status or disability. It also involves making healthy lifestyle choices to reduce the risk of diseases and injuries.
- Physical activity
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Be Your Best - diabetes prevention
- Eat Smart
- WIC nutrition program
- How to apply for a Free or Reduced School Lunch
- Healthy eating at school
- Healthy Living Tips for You and Your Child - CDC
- Prenatal care - help your child achieve optimum wellness before he or she is even born.
- Home visiting public health nurse program
DISEASE AND INJURY PREVENTION
- Prescription drug concerns - disposal, preventing abuse
- Immunizations - preventing common diseases
- Preventing accidental drug overdose
- Health screening
- Osteoporosis - fragile bones
- Fall Prevention
- TB testing
- Depression screening
- Breast and cervical screening - for the under- or un-insured
- Tobacco use prevention
- Effects of second hand smoke
- Indoor mold issues
- Healthy Montana Kids - free or low-cost health insurance for those up to age 18
- Health care - for the under- or un-insured
- Protecting children at home and online
- Preparing for any emergency situation
- Benefits of healthy lifestyle choices
- Local support groups - Call the Missoula Help Line: 2-1-1, or 549-5555.
- Violence, crisis and assault hotline (Missoula YWCA) - 542-1944
- Parenting stress - The Parenting Place - 728-5437
Missoula Measures - selected data, links and other information on scores of topics related to health and quality of life in Missoula, Montana.
The Montana Dept. of Health and Humane Services is now on FACEBOOK.
Follow current state-wide news regarding public health issues such as
cardiovascular health, tobacco use prevention, diabetes awareness, etc.
There are also messages that offer tips and advice about how we can all
live healthier lives.