& Other Resources
Missoula County is working to improve and update the county’s Subdivision Regulations. Many targeted amendments have been adopted over the past several years, leading to a growing awareness that a complete rewrite of the regulations is needed.
A complete revision of the regulations will create an extensive number of changes. For this reason, the Subdivision Regulations are being rewritten in a phased process designed to allow timely public involvement and make tracking of the changes as easy as possible. An overview of the complete rewrite project can be found here.
Missoula County Subdivision Regulations - Reorganization
As an early phase of the rewrite process, Missoula County completed a project to reorganize the current content of the subdivision regulations. The types of changes included the following:
- Modification of a few definitions
- Insertion of graphics to illustrate certain elements in the regulations
- Separation of multiple topics within single paragraphs or sections into individual sections or lines
- Relocation of provisions to more logical locations
- Insertion of cross references and purpose and intent statements
- Insertion of individual sentences that improve the functionality of the regulations such as those that connect sections or concepts and those that make implicit requirements explicit
- Separation of standards, procedures, and submittal requirements
- Reordering of sections to flow from general to specific
- Conversion of written text to tables
- Insertion of minor state law requirements regarding final plat conformance with preliminary plat and exemption for townhomes
The Missoula County Subdivision Regulations REORGANIZATION project was completed on September 18, 2013 when the Missoula Board of County Commissioners adopted the subdivision regulations that included the REORGANIZATION amendments and the Subdivision For Lease or Rent Amendments via Resolution 2013-109 (note the final recorded version will be posted when available).
UPDATED September 26, 2013