NEW! The Missoula County Parks and Trails Advisory Board announces Jean Belangie-Nye as the 2013 County Parks and Trails Steward. Jean, a resident of Lolo is recognized for her extraordinary dedication to and advocacy for parks, trails, and their users. Click here to read the full press release.
Since 2003, the Missoula County Parks and Trails Advisory Board has recognized exceptional people or organizations that work on behalf of Missoula County Parks by presenting them with the Park Steward Award. Awardees are given a certificate and their names are added to a plaque on display.
Past award recipients include:
- 2013 Jean Belangie-Nye
- 2012 Edward G. Heilman
- 2011 Missoula Horsemen's Council
- 2010 Seeley Lake Lions Club
- 2009 Pat Keffeler
- 2008 Big Sky Park Stewardship Committee and Bill Dahlbren, President
- 2007 Bill Bevis
- 2006 Hellgate Lions Club
- 2005 Frank and Phyllis Ramsey
- 2004 East Missoula Lions Club
- 2003 Charlie Brown
- 2003 Lloyd Twite