Missoula Healthy Kids Indicators - 2020
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
Success in school suggests that a young person’s life has some focus, and successfully negotiating high school suggests that a teenager will be more capable of functioning effectively in the wider world.
"Improving graduation rates is one of the most cost-effective ways to reduce health disparities."
Addressing the Needs of the Whole Child: What Public Health Can Do to Answer the Education Sector’s Call for a Stronger Partnership. Diane Allensworth, PhD; Theresa C. Lewallen, MEd; Beth Stevenson, MPH; Susan Katz, MPH
- How are we doing
- Additional data - who is at risk for dropping out; reasons for dropping out; social problems associated with dropping out; education levels
|Healthy People 2020 Target|
|High school graduation Rate|
|Base - 74.9%||Target - 82.4%|
The US Dept of Health and
Human Services sponsors the
a science-based, 10-year national plan for improving the health of all Americans.
Drop out rates have been fairly level over the last 10 years, increasing slightly in the last 2 years. Much better than national average.
For Additional Data and Information important for evaluating this topic, click here.
- Who is at risk for dropping out
- Reasons for dropping out
- Social problems associated with lack of education
- Education levels - Missoula, MT, US
- Feeling safe at school and meaningful school work - Missoula PNA