Missoula Healthy Kids Indicators - 2020
Regular physical activity can improve the health and quality of life
of Americans of all ages, regardless of the presence of a chronic
disease or disability.
Among children and adolescents, physical activity can:
- Improve bone health.
- Improve cardio-respiratory and muscular fitness.
- Decrease levels of body fat.
- Reduce symptoms of depression.
Source: Physical Activity in Missoula; MCCHD Gaskill, Rice, et al. 2007
Physical activity recommendations for youth age 6-18:
HEALTH - 60+ minutes of moderate intensity physical activity (very brisk walk to easy jog) most days of the week, preferably daily.
FITNESS - 20+ minutes of vigorous physical activity (such as running) at least three days per week. These minutes should be accumulated 10 minutes at a time throughout the day!
Complete report - Physical Activity in Missoula
|Healthy People 2020 Target|
|Percent of adolescents who meet physical activity guidelines||18.4||20.2|
For Additional Data and Information important for evaluating this topic, click here.
- Physical activity levels - Missoula high school students
- Youth physical activity - state comparisons
- Factors associated with physical activity
- Screen time - how much time kids spend with video games, computers, TV, etc., HP 2020 targets for screen time.