skip to the main content area of this page
Missoula County Motor Vehicle
(406) 258-4747
Missoula County Seal and image of areas around the City.

Missoula County - Motor Vehicle

Department: Motor Vehicle
Missoula County Home

Motor Vehicles


Temporary Registration Permits


A temporary registration permit (TRP) can be issued on any newly purchased vehicle.  A TRP is valid for 40 days from the date of issuance.  Only one TRP may be issued per vehicle purchase.


What is required?


     A notarized bill of sale OR a properly signed off title.

     Photo ID or FEIN if the purchaser is a business.



     Montana resident - $3.00 to be paid upon title and registration.

     Out of state resident purchasing a vehicle in Montana to be registered in their home state - $8.00 due at time of issuance.           

Site Navigation

More Information