skip to the main content area of this page
Missoula County Department of Public Works - Road
(406) 258-4753
Missoula County Seal and image of areas around the City.

Missoula County Department of Public Works - Road

Department of Public Works: Road
Missoula County Home

Public Works: Road - FAQs

Q: Where are you located?

A: The Department of Public Works is located at 6089 Training Drive (approximately 1 mile west of the airport on Hwy 10 (West Broadway). The Mapping/GIS Departments are located in the County Courthouse at 200 W Broadway in downtown Missoula.

Q: Who do I speak to about road maintenance issues?

A: You can contact the following individuals during normal working hours:

Road Maintenance Supervisor Missoula 258-4824
Road Maintenance Supervisor Missoula 258-4851
Road Maintenance Supervisor Seeley Lake 677-2222

Contact your local emergency services if an immediate hazard is detected after normal working hours.

Q: Who do I talk to about road signs or speed limit signs?

A: Questions regarding road signs or speed limit signs should be referred to the Traffic Department at 258-4822.

Q: When do I need an approach permit?

A: Any time an address is requested - regardless of whether it is on a public or private road; or, any time an access (driveway, etc.) is planned or built which comes off of a public right of way.

Q: When do I need an excavation/right-of-way permit?

A: Any time any work is performed within the public right of way. If there is any question as to whether or not your work is encroaching upon the right of way please call our office at 258-4753 for assistance in making the determination.

Q: Crushed Aggregate for Base Gradations

Image of a table showing crushed aggregate for base gradations.
**Click on the above image to view a larger version. Use your browser's "Back" button to return to this page.

Image of a table showing gradation calculations for sieves and percent passing.

Q: Where is a list of existing road names?

A: You can view our list of road names or you can search for an existing road name using our search utility.

Q: Resolution To Adopt Procedure To Address Citizen Requested Public Highway System Studies

A: link to the document.

Site Navigation

Public Works Sites

2014 Dust Abatement

Related Links


Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

Emergency Services:

Contact 9-1-1, 24 hours a day.


Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!