Rural Initiatives - Lolo Area Regional Plan
Lolo Stakeholder Assessment
As a result of the community meeting held on September 8th, staff is in process of researching options for a potential plan update and implementation through zoning on an area by area basis rather than region wide. Once a series of alternatives is available, Rural Initiatives staff will work with the Lolo Community Council to host an (deleted phrase) event where residents and landowners of the North Lolo area in particular can review and provide feedback on potential options for a plan update and implementation for the North Lolo area.
Commissioner Meeting on Stakeholder Assessment - September 8, 2009
The Commissioners held a public meeting, in conjunction with the Lolo Community Council September meeting, to discuss next steps in the Lolo Area Regional Plan update process.
Office Hours at Lolo Community Center - June 15, 6-9 PM
Rural Initiatives staff and the County Commissioners held office hours to visit with Lolo area landowners and residents regarding the Lolo Stakeholder Assessment Report (see below). Over 40 residents from the area attended to give feedback and ask questions.
The Stakeholder Assessment Report
The County has been working with assistance from a consulting team, Soapbox Enterprises, on an update to the 2002 Lolo Regional Plan, which would also update the Missoula County Growth Policy. At the end of March, the County hosted a series of small group meetings to consider two key questions:
- 1) Is a limited plan update needed and/or
2) Is there support for zoning implementation (of either the current
plan or an amended plan)?
The consulting team report is now available along with a feedback form.
- Lolo Stakeholder Assessment Report
- Lolo Stakeholder Assessment Report Feedback Form (comment period extended to June 29th)
- Appendix 1 - Outreach Method
- Appendix 2 - Staff Talking Points
- Appendix 3 - Example Written Correspondence
- Appendix 4 - Follow up Comment Form
- Appendix 5 - Stakeholder Contact List
- Appendix 6 - Lolo Plan Update Public Involvement Plan Outline
- Appendix 7 - Plan Policy Framework (2002 Plan Goals and Objectives)
- Appendix 8 - Participating Landowner Distribution (Map)
- Appendix 9 - Notes from Stakeholder Meetings
- Appendix 10 - Written Comments Submitted After Stakeholder Meetings (available for review at Rural Initiatives Office)
» To participate in this planning process please contact Karen Hughes at email@example.com .