Open Lands Citizen Advisory Committee (OLC)
The purpose of the Missoula County Open Lands Citizens Advisory Committee is to advise the Board of County Commissioners and represent the citizens of Missoula County in the protection and preservation of open space and the rural way of life for present and future generations. Read more in the OLC brochure...
The OLC Monthly Meetings convene the third (3rd) Thursday of every month at 6:00 p.m. at the location noted on this website or noted on the agenda. All meetings are open to the public.
- Click HERE for a list of current OLC members.
- Click HERE for minutes and agendas.
- Click HERE for recent presentations to OLC.
- Click HERE for OLC Bylaws.
See Open Space Bond Project section below for information about current projects.
- Administration Subcommittee
- County Coordination Subcommittee
- Bond Project Subcommittee
- Communications and Outreach Subcommittee
Click here for OLC Subcommittee Minutes and Agendas.
If you have questions, would like more information or to comment you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 406-258-3432 or write to Rural Initiatives, 200 W. Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802.
OLC Agriculture Policy Discussion
In response to the Commissioners' March 2011 letter, OLC recently completed a lengthy discussion regarding agriculture policy in Missoula County. OLC’s work has been compiled in a report that was forwarded to the Missoula Board of County Commissioners without recommendation. Click HERE for OLC's Agriculture Policy Report. For more information about past and ongoing discussions about agriculture policy in Missoula County, please view the new Agriculture Policy Project page.
Good Neighbor Handbook:
Information for Rural
Landowners in Missoula County
Click here to view online (file size)
To pick up a hard copy, visit us at 317 Woody St in downtown Missoula.
Open Space Bond Atlas
Missoula County Rural Initiatives created the Open Space Bond Project Atlas for the 5 Year Bond Anniversary Celebration. The Atlas includes projects approved from the County's portion of bond funds, the City's portion, and two joint City and County projects.
Click here to be directed to the Open Space Bond Atlas webpage.
Open Space Bond Information
Missoula County voters approved a $10 million bond in November 2006 for the purpose of preserving open space in Missoula County, with half allocated to the County and half allocated to the City of Missoula for use in the urban area. An Interlocal Agreement establishes the procedures for administering the County and City Open Space programs. The purposes for which bond funds can be used include:
- Protecting the water quality of rivers, lakes, and streams
- Protecting wildlife habitat
- Conserving working ranches, farms, and forests
- Providing access along rivers and streams
- Managing for growth
- Providing open space and scenic landscapes
- Providing recreational and commuter trails and wildlife corridors
- Paying non-personnel related transaction costs and costs of initial clean-up and weed control associated with an approved project
In addition to its other responsibilities, OLC reviews and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) about projects in its jurisdiction area. It bases its recommendations on project evaluation criteria established by BCC resolution.
- Interlocal Agreement for Open Space Bond
- Review Criteria for Open Space Bond
- Level One Open Space Application
- Level Two Open Space Application
- Rock Creek Confluence Open Space Bond Project (September 2012)
- Roth-Swan Open Space Bond Project (August 2012)
Updated January 16, 2013