Missoula County Treasurer
Property Tax Information
Missoula County residents may view their property tax information online. Both current and historical data can be found for each property.
The following information comes from the Missoula County Clerk & Recorder/Treasurer regarding November/May Tax Bills.
Dear Missoula County Taxpayer,
Please note the following important tax information:
- Delinquent tax information is located on the right-hand side of your bill. The 2001 Montana Legislature passed a law that requires the tax bill to indicate that a tax lien certificate or an assignment of the tax lien has been issued on the property. If this notation appears on your bill, you should contact the Treasurer’s office for information.
- The Tax Payer Number (formerly known as SUID number), which can be located in top right hand corner, should be referred to when making your payment. It is also very helpful to have this number when requesting information by phone.
- It is important to send in the correct half of the stubs (1st or 2nd half) when mailing your payments. The barcode on the stub helps us post your payment accurately and quickly.
- On the left side of the bill there will be a short explanation if you received low income assistance or veteran's exemption.
More helpful information:
- Missoula County collects taxes for many jurisdictions it has no authority over, including the City, School Districts, Fire Districts, and other service districts. If you have a specific question regarding your tax bill, it’s important for you to call the appropriate jurisdiction for answers to your questions.
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Tax Office also processes Motor Vehicle renewals; you may experience long lines the last week of November and May. You may avoid the lines by mailing your payment or by paying online by visiting: http://www.co.missoula.mt.us/owner.
- Mail must be post-marked on or before the due date to avoid penalty & interest costs.
Please note that tax payments made toward the end of May and
November may take up to two weeks to be posted due to the high
volume of payments received.
Mail payment to:
Missoula County Treasurer
200 W Broadway
Missoula, MT 59802
- The Department of Revenue – Assessment and Appraisal Offices have moved to 2681 Palmer Suite I, they are no longer located within the County Courthouse – contact them with valuation questions at 329-1400.
- I thank you for the opportunity to serve you. I hope this information has been helpful. If you need more information, please contact the Treasurer’s office at 258-4847.
Missoula County Clerk & Recorder/Treasurer
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.