Water Quality District - Hazardous Waste
- Donate: Donate your camera or camcorder to a thrift store or organization in need. You could receive a tax deduction, and would be helping someone else out.
- Give Away: If you have a usable camera or camcorder to give away, contact the Missoulian, Missoula Independent or Messenger to see if they are offering free "give-away" classified ads.
- Sell: You may be able to sell your functional equipment if it is in good condition.
- Best Buy accepts digital cameras and lenses for recycling. Click for info.
- If the camera or camcorder cannot be reused, remove the batteries. See Batteries for recycling information. The camera or camcorder can then be placed in the trash.
Disposal Options for Cameras & Camcorder Batteries
- See Batteries for recycling options and information on recycling just the battery.
The Residential Disposal Guide is provided by the Missoula Valley Water Quality District as a public service and is not an endorsement of specific businesses, services or products. Any omissions or inaccuracies are unintentional. Please contact us with corrections or additions. Call businesses or agencies to confirm hours, locations and charges for services, if any. For information on disposal of items not listed, email or call the Water Quality District at 406-258-4890, M - F, 8 am to 5 pm.
Much of the information provided is from the Washington County, MN, Dept. of Public Health and Environment website.
Please note some documents are in "Portable Document Format" and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have this viewer, visit Adobe.com.